Important Deaflympic Links
The following important links are for those who plan to go to Melbourne for the 20th Deaflympic Games. They are exactly what you should or need to know. Please spend a few minutes clicking each link and you will find information very valuable.
- TICKETING: http://2005deaflympics.com/sport_ticketingfinal.asp
This site gives you detailed information on how to purchase tickets to watch elite athletes competing in the Deaflympics including the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
- ACCOMODATIONS: http://www.event-travel.com.au/deaflympics
This site gives you a detailed list of all hotels available in the Melbourne area and within walking distances to the Games, as well as nearby public transportation. It provides easy access to detailed information on each hotel accomodation. Please check it out!
- MEDALS: http://2005deaflympics.com/newsandmedia_medalstory.asp
This site gives you the opportunity to view the design of the medals that will be presented in Melbourne!
- GAMES CENTRE: http://2005deaflympics.com/about_fedsquare.asp
This site gives you information on the "heart of the deaf center" where thousands of Deaf, hard of hearing and hearing will mingle everyday
- VISA: http://2005deaflympics.com/visit_australia.asp
This is one of the most important sites you need to visit and apply for your visa before coming to Australia, every single person from any country except New Zealand is required to get visa before coming to Australia!